RE: [Xen-users] 32bit or 64bit?

To: "Peter Peltonen" <peter.peltonen@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] 32bit or 64bit?
From: "Kraska, Joe A \(US SSA\)" <joe.kraska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 15:11:42 -0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:10:58 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PAE (which all modern x86 cpus have) will support up to 64GB physical.

Main restriction is that for an application to support more than 4GB
of addressable memory on 32 bit PAE systems, they have to be compiled
a special way. If you don't have any processes which want to address
more than 4GB, 32 bit PAE will work fine for you.

I don't think 64bit xen is considered fully baked yet, although it
certainly is workable for investigation purposes (from experience).

Joe.