[Xen-users] network stops working after a few minutes [AMD64]

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] network stops working after a few minutes [AMD64]
From: Steve Kemp <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:30:20 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 04:30:26 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  After having run AMD64 Xen 3.0.3 and Xen-unstable, built from
 source, for a while without any problem I'm suddenly facing a
 strange networking issue.

  dom0 networking fails after the system has been up for a
 few minutes.

  Symptoms:
    dom0 cannot ping local LAN.
    dom0 cannot access internet.

  However dom0 + domU can communicate back and forth quite happily.

  This occurs both with:
    (network-script network-bridge) (vif-script vif-bridge)
    (network-script network-route)  (vif-script vif-route)

  Nothing obvious appears logged in /var/log/xen/*.log

  I can prevent this from occurring if I don't start xend + xendomains,
 however that means that my domU fail to work!

  Any suggestions appreciated.  The firewall is empty, the host hardware
 works just fine with a non-Xen kernel, and the syslog entries don't
 show anything interesting.

  I've seen mixed reports of this occurring on other AMD-64 machines
 but I have missed a resolution if it has been posted.

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/