[Xen-users] Creation of additional image within a domU

To: "Xen Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Creation of additional image within a domU
From: "john maclean" <jayeola@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:46:37 +0000
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 03:45:59 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chaps,

Perhaps this question is a little basic for this list but I'm not
really sure of the simplest method or best tool for the job.

I've created some images with `dd=/dev/zero ....` and I'm using them
for the domUs now. Some of them have been running for a few months
with no probs. Trouble is that I'd like to create a separate partition
within the domU. Options:-
1 - use fdisk? Not sure if that's possible for a file-based image.
Can't run it within the domU
2 - run dd to create another partiton? Not sure how that would work
3 - create the new image from scratch and create the new partition as
required and tell /etc/fstab about it.

--
John Maclean  - 07739 171 531
MSc (DIC)