Re: [Xen-users] Full Virtualization

To: Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Full Virtualization
From: Karl Stevens <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:30:16 -0700
Cc: Michael Wineland <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:29:18 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Henning Sprang wrote:
> On 2/16/07, Michael Wineland <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> and if i do "sudo xm console kubuntu" i get xenconsole: Could not read
>> tty from store: No such file or directory
>

> You don't "xm console" into a hvm domain's console.
>
> You use vnc, or start it in sdl mode - depending on how you configured
> it. See docs - but come back if you have further questions...

Actually, we use xm console for our VM domain - add the following to
grub.conf

serial --unit=0 --speed=9600
terminal --timeout=15 serial console

and append "console=ttyS0 console=tty0" to the kernel command line, and

s1:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -L ttyS0 9600 vt100

to /etc/inittab.

The biggest caveat for this is that you can only have one session opened
at a time (xm will happily let you connect multiple sessions, but all
you'll get is gibberish as only part of the data will be sent to each one.)

- -Karl

__
---