[Xen-users] USB passthrough

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] USB passthrough
From: "Robert A. Wicks" <rwicks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:55:39 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:55:32 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I was wondering if there are any plans to address USB passthrough with Xen 3. I have virtualized Windows servers running under Xen on IBM BladeCenter, and need to assign USB ports to different Windows instances. The ports have copy protection dongles installed so that a specific package can be run on each instance of Windows. We have 2 dongles and need to assign one to one instance of Windows, and the other to another instance. Any ideas on how I can do this?

Robert A. Wicks
Sr. AIX/Linux Systems Administrator
Rollins Corporation
desk: (404) 888-2428