[Xen-users] Problems with modules and version in domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problems with modules and version in domU
From: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:07:12 +0200 (SAST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:02:52 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I am experiencing weird problems with my DOMU's. I have used gentoo to
create the DOM0 and DOMU kernels. I copied the /lib/modules/ to the DOMU I
did a depmod /lib/modules/<version>  but when I boot up I get these errors

I am not sure what I did wrong. The DOMU's are debian images from
jailtime.org. I did an apt-get install module-init-tools as well.

==============
8250: Unknown symbol platform_device_unregister
8250: disagrees about version of symbol platform_device_add
8250: Unknown symbol platform_device_add
8250: disagrees about version of symbol platform_device_alloc
8250: Unknown symbol platform_device_alloc
8250: disagrees about version of symbol platform_device_del
8250: Unknown symbol platform_device_del
8250: Unknown symbol uart_remove_one_port
8250: Unknown symbol uart_update_timeout
8250: Unknown symbol uart_unregister_driver
8250: Unknown symbol uart_get_divisor
8250: Unknown symbol uart_match_port
8250: Unknown symbol uart_add_one_port
8250: Unknown symbol uart_write_wakeup
modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting 8250
(/lib/modules/2.6.16.28-xen-r2/kernel/drivers/serial/8250.ko): Unknown
symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

And

ipv6: Unknown symbol tcp_sendpage
ipv6: disagrees about version of symbol tcp_v4_conn_request
ipv6: Unknown symbol tcp_v4_conn_request
ipv6: disagrees about version of symbol inet_twsk_deschedule
ipv6: Unknown symbol inet_twsk_deschedule
ipv6: disagrees about version of symbol inet_csk_destroy_sock
ipv6: Unknown symbol inet_csk_destroy_sock
ipv6: disagrees about version of symbol rtnetlink_put_metrics
ipv6: Unknown symbol rtnetlink_put_metrics
ipv6: disagrees about version of symbol tcp_rcv_state_process
ipv6: Unknown symbol tcp_rcv_state_process
ipv6: disagrees about version of symbol inet6_lookup_listener
ipv6: Unknown symbol inet6_lookup_listener
ipv6: disagrees about version of symbol neigh_sysctl_register