[Xen-users] New to ZEN: Wrong Logical Volume mounted to "/"

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] New to ZEN: Wrong Logical Volume mounted to "/"
From: "Matthew Dougherty" <mdougher@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:27:55 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:27:50 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I setup various logical volumes for different domains.  When I start a domain, it sets up the root file system  and swap correctly but the actual “/” is the existing logical volume from domain 0.  I’m sure it’s something  simple that I have wrong.

Here is part of the config:

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/VirtualVolume/vir%d,sda1,w' % (vmid), 'phy:/dev/VirtualVolume/virswp%d,sda2,w' % (vmid) ]

root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

I did not notice any part of the installation instructions mentioning disabling /etc/ config file (fstab) and /etc/init scripts.

Is there documentation you can point me to that will explain what I should change in /etc  for the quest domains?

Thanks.

Matthew Dougherty

mdougher@xxxxxxxx