[Xen-users] Does VT-d make live migration of Xen more difficult by reduc

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Does VT-d make live migration of Xen more difficult by reducing the size of abstraction layer?
From: "Liang Yang" <multisyncfe991@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:18:16 -0700
Cc: Xen devel list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 11:19:02 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm just thinking about the pros and cons of VT-d. On one side, it does improve performance of guest domain to provide more direct access to HW by walking around hypervisor; while on the other side, it also reduce the abstraction layer of hypervisor which could make the live migration more difficult.

Could someone here give me a best balanced point when considering vt-d for Xen guest domains?

Thanks,

Liang