Re: [Xen-users] Managing DomU partitions in XEN+LVM systems?

Please post in plain-text when sending to mailing lists...

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 09:05 -0700, Derek wrote:
[...]
> I'm not stuck, I have a workaround yet to try:   linux in a domU, and
> run fdisk+ntfsresize there.  The linux DomU will presumably contain a
> device nodes for the partition, and I can run ntfsresize within it.
> But I'm asking this because I'm sure there's  a more elegant solution,
> and someone on this list probably knows it.  Surely there's a way to
> persuade LVM+UDEV+DM to produce device nodes for each partition within
> each logical volume?  (I know roughly how to write UDEV rules, but
> this problem goes beyond that, and I definitely don't understand the
> device mapper).

That's pretty much what one would do in the physical world... at least
that's what I've done.  When I need to resize a NTFS C: drive I just
boot into the machine with a linux CD and ntfsresize, then fdisk.