Re: [Xen-users] Guest debian on fedora host with virt-manager

To: "Pasi Kärkkäinen" <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Guest debian on fedora host with virt-manager
From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:10:22 +0100
Cc: benjamin henrion <benjhenrion@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:10:21 -0800
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=gm5r72va79PB0s2zHJtNeoC0XzIQfNdpXLOjmjV4IIkUk5wqahZgPz/cPsyYxIbll/iXZxxjuloES1pqlozOVlNn+sZGLtrLCSdH84VNYCnyXdxwgqB4Jp/3Y5MO0VBWwa8Zf4SsKjM7mVinDzuC5qz3aodCOvx+5DKPrSmxIMc=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 1/25/07, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I just know the Fedora medium:
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/
>
> So, please i need the address of the debian medium ...

The mirror addresses are right, but you cannot just throw any mirror
address at any installer - the installer needs to know how to handle
the installation right for each distribution, and in most cases even
distribution versions differ quite a bit.

Try debootstrap, or xen-tools.

As far as my experience goes, the images created with these, don't
work on Fedora with the Fedora Xen packages. (don't work means, I
could not start them successfully, have the errors not at hand, but
there are some threads on fedora-xen that wheren's solved)

At least I tried a lot, and didn't get them to work, while the exact
same image runs 100% perfect with XenSource binaries on Fedora.

Did you also try this, and did you have any issues, or did it work
just out of the box for you?

Henning