Re: [Xen-users] Networks stops after running xend start

To: Mike Lee <cslinuxboy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Networks stops after running xend start
From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:45:02 +0000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 01:45:14 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mike Lee wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have successfully installed Xen 3.0.3 (x86_64) tar binaries on my Dell 2900 server. I also have successfully configured and installed a guest domain. However, after the 'xend start' script is ran, I lose all networking. And if I run 'xend stop' all of the devices associated with a bridged setup are still present (xenbr0, peth0, vif0.0, etc.) and my networking is still not working. The only way to get the network back is to reboot (I don't have xend configured to start on startup). Below is the output of ifconfig:
This sounds like iptables. I'd like to see better guidelines written for integrating Xen domains into local networking with filtering.

By losing all networking, do you mean "I can't ping my DomU or Dom0 and they can't ping out"? Or what. And what happens if you run "/etc/init.d/xen stop" if you're using an init controlled system?