RE: [Xen-users] Very bad network performance between domU and dom0

To: "Klaus Schmidinger" <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Very bad network performance between domU and dom0
From: "JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen)" <jhje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:27:13 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 04:32:55 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Can you boot the VM that you installed the PV drivers into
> > if you change the disk spec to be
> >
> >   disk = [ 'file:/Data/xen/bat-xp-scsi.img,sda,w', ...
>
> I tried both
>
>   disk = [ 'file:/Data/xen/bat-xp-scsi.img,hda,w' ]
>
> and
>
>   disk = [ 'file:/Data/xen/bat-xp-scsi.img,sda,w' ]
>
> but neither of them worked. With 'hda' Windows brought up the boot
> manager, and when I selected the PV variant it said "Could not read
> from the selected boot disk".
> With 'sda' it didn't even get to the Windows boot manager. The BIOS
> already said "Boot from Hard Disk 0 failed".

Hmmmm - don't know what's wrong, and I cannot really follow what's going
on behind the scenes on my own server running XenExpress.

I'll rebuild my server next week with the source-version of Xen to get
64-bit support. I'll try the PV drivers then and see what kind of weird
stuff happens. I wouldn't be too disappointed if it doesn't work - after
all the PV drivers are probably meant for XenServer only.

Cheers
-- Jan