Re: [Xen-users] Creating an FC6 bootstrap image

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 07:09:40PM +0000, Gary P. wrote:
> I am also getting some error messages every few minutes related to init:
>
> INIT: Id "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

This indicates that the paravirt framebuffer didn't successfully initialize.
The PVFB in Fedora Core 6 kernels is an addon patch to Xen 3.0.3 in Fedora.
So unless you're running a Fedora Core 6 Dom0 the PVFB will not be operate
and thus you see these messages. The PVFB was merged into Xen 3.0.4, hwever,
the protocol changed and is incompatible with that in Fedora Core 6, so even
if you're using Xen 3.0.4 in Dom0 it still won't work with current Fedora
guest kernels. We have updated Fedora Core 6 kernels going through testing
which will make Fedora compatible with Xen 3.0.4 in the very near future.
So, as suggested in another reply in this thread, simply disable the extra
tty lines in your /etc/inittab as a temporary workaround.

Regards,
Dan.