RE: [Xen-users] Xen on Dell AMD-V Servers?

To: "Paul Reilly" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen on Dell AMD-V Servers?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:18:08 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 06:18:02 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whilst I have not used these particular servers, I would expect it to
work without any problems (or at least no different problems from
getting Xen to run on any other AMD-V based platform - there's certainly
things that can and will go wrong if you don't know what you're doing
when setting up Xen - particularly if you are doing it "on your own"
rather than using a distribution's pre-built setup). There is very
little (nothing, really) the OEM (Dell in this case) can do to change
the AMD-V feature, as it's fully implemented inside the processor.

Of course, if you're asking about the "build quality", "maintainability"
or such, that would be something that only people using that particular
machine can answer.

I do have a machine here in the office with 2 x 2216 running Xen at the
moment - but it's not a Dell server.

--
Mats