Re: [Xen-users] simulate slower virtual hosts?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] simulate slower virtual hosts?
From: bigfoot29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:45:02 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 03:43:15 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Easiest way to do so is using the credit scheduler.

xm sched-credit -d Domainname -c 30

gives the domain a max of 30 % of the cpu power the system is able to
provide.
Thats working like a charm here and is stored unless the host crashes. I
have built a start-script for that that start my domains again and set
their corresponding credit values.

its as simple as:

> #!/bin/bash
> xm create domainname1
> xm sched-credit -d domainname1 -c 30 -w 128
> xm create domainname2
> xm sched-credit -d domainname2 -c 100 -w 256
> xm...

When the domain already is started, nothing happens. xend is mumbling an
error message and thats it. :)
Working great here and is limiting the domainname1 to the value I want it to.

Hope, that helped...

Regards, Bigfoot29