[Xen-users] Can't run loadkeys in domU - no national characters.

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Can't run loadkeys in domU - no national characters.
From: "JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen)" <jhje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 11:31:34 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 02:31:46 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi list.

I am unable to load a keymap in a domU. It works fine in dom0, but when
I do

  loadkeys defkeymap

in a domU I get a ton of

  Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console

error messages and nothing happens. This is regardless of whether I try
to run the command in an ssh session or in an "xm console" session. As a
result, I can't type the danish characters ae, oe and aa, which is very
annoying since I can use them without problems in dom0 sessions.

What are the magical kernel parameters I should set for my domU-s to
make loadkeys work ? Is the problem caused by the console routing
described in this thread ?

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2005-08/msg00472.html

I am running Xen 3.0.2-2 with Debian Sarge dom0 and domU.

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark