Re: [Xen-users] Memory mess-up with xen-3.0.3 and 3.0.4

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Memory mess-up with xen-3.0.3 and 3.0.4
From: Otavio Salvador <otavio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:56:20 -0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 16:57:25 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jacques Normand <jnormand@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am having a pretty nasty problem with both 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 versions. I
> compiled them from sources for a dual athlon with 4G of memory (only
> about 3.5G addressable due to bios limitation). I am sure the machine is
> stable as I ran memtest86 for quite a while and also removed all but 1
> memory stick just in case the source of the mess up was that 4G limit.
> I am running debian testing and I removed the /lib/tls. And all my domu
> are lvm backed.

While I don't have any idea about your unstability I would suggest you
to use libc6-xen package instead of removing /lib/tls otherwise it'll
be reverted every time you upgrade libc. It makes your life easier ;-)

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ossystems.com.br