Re: [Xen-users] network-bridge script and the ip route list command

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] network-bridge script and the ip route list command
From: pete hilton <saruman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:54:00 -0800
Cc: Wouter de Geus <benv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:54:05 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,
>  On Friday 29 December 2006 08:03, Wouter de Geus wrote:
> Heia,
>
> I'm running xen 3.0.3 on a slack 11 box myself too and had the same
> problem. I noticed that the output of the ip command was indeed different
> from a box my girlfriend had running with opensuse on it. (obviously it
> worked for her).
>
> I change the command to get the vifnum into this:
> vifnum=${vifnum:-$(ip route list | awk '/^default / { print $5 }' | sed
> 's/^[^0-9]*//')}

I chickened out and got round the problem by adding
  'vifnum=0' to the network-bridge stanza in the xend config file

> I ran into another problem in that script however, so maybe this will save
> you the same issue:
> The script tries to save the default gateway and restore it later, but
> because of different output a test fails.
> ($gateway becomes more than just 1 word in slackware.)
> I changed this line:
> ---
>     [ ${gateway} ] && ip route add default via ${gateway}
> ---
> into:
> ---
>    [ ! -z "${gateway}" ] && ip route add default via ${gateway}
> ---
I have not run across this but maybe my work-around handles it .. I dont have
my xen server up at the moment but I will check it later.

> Hope it helps :)

Many thanks

cheers
pete