Re: [Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] Xen-3.0.3 migration problems

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] Xen-3.0.3 migration problems
From: Javier Guerra <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:56:58 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:54:28 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 29 December 2006 11:34 am, Adam Seering wrote:
> A recent e-mail mentioned that migration machines have to be on the
> same L2 subnet (I missed that line in the Xen manual).  These
> machines aren't; they're in different buildings, with IP routing
> between them (though the connection speed and latency are very
> good).  I'll try putting the machines on the same subnet.

also remember that both machines have to have access to _the_same_ storage.
if you're using file-backed storage, that means they must be on a shared
filesystem (NFS or Samba).  if you're using block devices (partitions, LUNs,
LVM volumes, etc) you must have some sort of shared block device (GNBD, AoE,
FC, iSCSI, etc).

--
Javier