Re: [Xen-users] fedora core 6 domU on Opensuse 10.2 dom0 - fsck at each

To: "Christopher G. Stach II" <cgs@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] fedora core 6 domU on Opensuse 10.2 dom0 - fsck at each boot
From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:29:00 +0100
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 04:28:56 -0800
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=SKiMv9+zI1RF+h94xMgUUq0sBBl6+tWd47BZxFU6ceH1LrIEy/S1w9mBU8eYnubu6alx33Q1Akm9fVqaFijMzeQpu9jyH5YXoa1QmLpnQ9fSnUsseHWjdlbsMCHA97ipH485Ok2GjMcrfOVT/JHCGHpIZRx/BC8UYSAYCnh273Q=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 12/22/06, Christopher G. Stach II <cgs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Henning Sprang wrote:
> I have only one problem: the installed fedora system always wants to
> make a filesystem check for the root file system on /dev/xvda1, on
> every start and reboot.

Do you have a clock problem?

How would I realize?

It seems like an initrd made on suse already does the fsck that
happens on start, and then fedora tries to do it again. I see one call
to fsck before i see "INIT" in the output of the booting system, but
after I see that INIT, fsck comes again, and I get warning that
running it against a mounted fs is a problem, and I have to answer y
or n. Looks like I have to dig in the initrd.
Or just stop and assume that on a suse domU you are better off running
nothing else but SuSE.

Kickstart?

then the question is: can I set up a kickstart server on Suse? or do i
need a fedora system, as install server, which is then responsible to
install a VM running on the suse server?

I really thought of something very simple - bootstrapping with a
script. What else is system installation but copying some files and
adjusting a config? There should be no need to add maultiple layers of
software to be able to achieve this...

For example, debian can be bootstrapped  so easy  with debootstrap
under every distribution, and the yum-bootstrapped other systems all
work fine on debian. Only trying to run/install fedora on suse and
vice versa seems to be very hard work or impossible.

Henning