[Xen-users] New to xen, difficulty getting network going

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] New to xen, difficulty getting network going
From: "Frank Van Damme" <frank.vandamme@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:51:23 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 06:51:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I am future-proofing myself and learning the ways of Xen. I spent
roughly a working day reading documentation and setting up a test
system and got as far as being able to boot Mandriva 2006 as domU with
Debian Etch as Dom0.

However, networking is still a little difficult. I can't get the
network in domU to work. I ploughed through XenNetworking on the
xensource wiki, which states that Xen should automatically connect
vifN.X to ethX in domN. I use:

vif=['mac=']

in my config file. The error I get when I do "xm create -c mandriva2006" is:

Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Backend device not found.

My dom0 has the normal lo and eth0 interfaces...

--
Frank Van Damme

"All  PCs are compatible. But some of them are more compatible than
others." [Onbekend]