RE: [Xen-users] Could not enable shadow paging for domain?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Could not enable shadow paging for domain?
From: Tom Horsley <tomhorsley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 8:49:56 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 05:50:11 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The "Count not able shadow paging" is probably related to the previous
> "cannot not allocate" error. If you can't allocate the memory, then you
> can't enable shadow paging on the memory as it's not been allocated...
> :-(

I don't think that's a "previous" error, I think the cannot allocate is merely
what gets reported outside the log and the shadow paging error is the
more detailed info that appears in the log for the same error.

> How much memory do you give Dom0? I'd say giving Dom0 256MB would be a
> good idea, rather than rely on the auto-baloon feature that is indeed a
> bit more tricky to make work.

I haven't yet stumbled across any documentation that tells me how to limit dom0
to a subset of the memory. What do I configure where to do that?