Re: RE: RE: RE: [Xen-users] Why creating DomU failed (seems it isduetoLV

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RE: RE: RE: [Xen-users] Why creating DomU failed (seems it isduetoLVM)
From: "Zhang Binbin" <binbinzh@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:13:58 +0800
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:14:43 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks.
Then it is likely that DomU loader have no idea which is the root device.
I suppose there may be something missing when DomU creator parse DomU config
and create vbd.
DomU config file do give enough info about the root device.
But why I never encountered this problem before (I have smoothly installed
Xen-2.0 with redhat-***, Xen-3.0 with redhat-***, fedora-***, centos-4.),
except when I played it with CentOS-4.4-x86_64 and Fedora on new bought
machines this time.
Still don't understand.

My solution isn't a good idea. It will require different initrd for DomU with a
different root device...