Re: [Xen-users] qemu

To: Ryan Worsley <R.C.Worsley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] qemu
From: Jiri Denemark <jirka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:17:23 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 03:17:33 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.

> vif = [ ' ' ] and what I should have is vif = [ 'type=ioemu' ]  -
> However, if I have this configuration the virtual machine doesn't start,
Well, I have

    vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]

which is the default taken from xmexample.hvm and everything works as
expected.

> looking in the most recent qemu log reveals that the TAP device could
> not be created, I have TUN/TAP installed as a kernel module
Hmm, do you have that module loaded into the kernel (lsmod)? If not, try to
insert it manually using modprobe. Perhaps, just autoloading doesn't work for
this module. I don't have TUN/TAP as a module as I had to load it manually for
OpenVPN...

Jirka

--
Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
around the Sun.