[Xen-users] SDL Mouse probs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] SDL Mouse probs
From: Glenn Davy <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:16:05 +1100
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:16:18 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi
Just wondering if anyone can help me with a mouse issue...

When running windows under xen (havent tried with anything else yet) my
mouse behaves like its on a machine with the wrong mouse driver
installed. It 'works' to a point i.e. if I right click a menu pops up,
but it is 'driven' to the bottom of screen as soon as is touched.

I have a microsoft "Basic Optical Mouse 1A" Usb/ps2 compat.

In my config file I have

sdl=1
usb=1
usbdevice="mouse"

If I change to

 usbdevice="tablet"

, then the mouse tracks perfectly! but I cant use it to locate the
cursor for text entry, and clicking the mouse doesnt 'grab' the window,
so keyboard input doesnt go to the window.

The good news is that
usbdevice='tablet' fixes the mouse tracking in vnc, but Id prefer to use
SDL if possible.

Is there anything I can do to either fix the mouse when
"usbdevice=mouse", or alternatively, get keyboard input in to the window
when it is set for tablet?

Thanks

Glenn