[Xen-users] What is the purpose of the ref-linux-foo tree ?

Subject: [Xen-users] What is the purpose of the ref-linux-foo tree ?
From: "Amitabha Roy" <amitabha.roy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 16:50:28 +0530
Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 03:20:35 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

I've been trying to understand the linux -> Xen patching process. I
get that the sparse tree contains extra files to be added and the
patches directory contains patches to be added to the
pristine-linux-foo tree. This should get us the ready to compile
linux-foo-xen tree. However I dont understand what is the purpose of
the ref-linux-foo tree ?

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks
-Amitabha