[Xen-users] Xen resource guarantees

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen resource guarantees
From: "Rodrigo Borges Pereira" <rbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:39:04 -0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:40:33 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

On xensource.com website we can read:

"
Per VM Resource Guarantees
Xen provides superb resource partitioning, for CPU, memory, and block and
network I/O. This resource protection model leads to
improved security because guests and drivers are DoS-proof. Xen is fully open
to scrutiny by the security community and its security
is continuously tested. Xen is also the foundation for a Multi-Level Secure
system architecture being developed by XenSource, IBM
and Intel.
"

>From my point of view, this paragraph gives the impression that Xen provides
>QoS mechanisms for managing VM resource allocation at
all levels. However, i'm having a hard time figuring out how does Xen provide
and allows for management those resource guarantees,
particularly regarding block I/O.

Any hints?

TIA,