[Xen-users] HVM Loader in 3.0.3-testing missing?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] HVM Loader in 3.0.3-testing missing?
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:55:08 +0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 23:55:34 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello list,

I've installed Xen 3.0.3-testing from source on my spiffy new socket AM2
machine and I'm eager to play with fully virtualized guests.

The problem is, it seems the hvmloader wasn't installed (or built) when
I built and installed Xen.

I'm getting the following error :

Error: Kernel image does not exist: /usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader

So I did a quick check in :

xen-3.0.3-testing/tools/firmware/hvmloader

Found the files there, tried to do a make while in that directory and
got:

make: *** No rule to make target `../rombios/BIOS-bochs-latest', needed
by `roms.h'.  Stop.

I've searched the list archives and found this on the 3.0.3 unstable
changelog :

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-changelog/2006-08/msg00234.html

roms.h was recently patched to depend on acpi data, and now doesn't seem
to want to build.

I checked to be sure that my makefile was patched, it is.

Building x86_32 / PAE with gcc-3.4 .. has anyone else encountered this?
Seems like it could be something trivial but I can't understand why its
not building.

Am I missing another patch?

Thanks in advance,
Tim