Re: [Xen-users] Full Virtualization Windows XP Network Question

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Full Virtualization Windows XP Network Question
From: Lutrin Jean <jeanlutrin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 19:04:29 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:05:18 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

> I am able to install Windows XP as a fully
> virtualized GUEST, but I am having problem
> getting it to see the NIC that SLES 10 sees.

I've installed several Windows in HVM domains,
they all see the same kind of network card.

AFAICT at the moment the only way to have a
network card in an HVM domain at this point
is to use the network device provided by
qemu-dm (qemu device model).

The network card you should see should be a
"Realtek RTL8139", it's a "fake" network card,
provided by qemu.

At one point Xen may support passthrough of
devices to HVM guests but if I'm not mistaken
this is not the case yet.