Re: [Xen-users] xen guest eth1 tun interface goes to the wrong bridge

To: xen <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen guest eth1 tun interface goes to the wrong bridge
From: matt <xen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:12:05 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:12:39 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for the info, didn't work for me though.

Think I'll try 3.03 next, maybe that'll work.

Nicholas Byrne wrote:
I'm pretty sure we had the same issue as you. After posting to the dev list and getting no response my colleague fixed it by modifying /xen-3.0.2-2/tools/ioemu/vl.c and changing
pstrcpy(ifr.ifr_name, IFNAMSIZ, "tun%d");

line to

*sprintf(ifr.ifr_name, "tun%d.%%d", domid);

and running:*

*/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start bridge=xenbr0 netdev=eth0 vifnum=0
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start bridge=xenbr1 netdev=eth1 vifnum=1*

*as our wrapper script

Our brctl show now looks like this:

xenbr0          8000.b2b6111693ac       no              peth0
                                                       tun1.0
                                                       vif0.0
xenbr1          8000.d63bb36ceb1e       no              peth1
                                                       tun1.1
                                                       vif0.1

Hope this helps.
Nick
*

matt wrote:
I've got the same problem with xen 3.0.2 (compiled form source, but I've had the same issue with binaries) running on Ubuntu 6.06.

I've got two network cards and have a wrapper script around network-bridge to create two bridges.

When I run a paravirtualised domain which has the following vif section:
vif = ['bridge=xenbr0','bridge=xenbr1']

I get a domain with two vifs that attach to the correct physical interfaces. Which is what I'd expect.

However...

When I create a HVM domain with this vif section:
vif = ['type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0','type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr1']

I get two vifs but both attached to the same bridge (whichever bridge appears first in the script, the above example would attach both to xenbr0)

brclt show looks like this:

xenbr0 ===> 8000.someStuff ====> vif0.0 peth0 vif12.1
xenbr1 ===> 8000.otherStuff ====> vif0.1 peth1 tun0 tun1 vif12.0

so any thoughts?