[Xen-users] problems with networking

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] problems with networking
From: "rune" <rune@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 11:36:07 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 02:36:57 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I tried setting up xen with bridging under debian-amd64. The ethernet card is
according to lspci:
"Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet"

The problem was that network did work for the domU host I had set up, but it
did NOT work for the dom0.

Later I tried setting up xen with bridging on a 32-bit debian machine, and
both dom0 and domU has network.

Anyone who has experienced the same problem, and knows what the problem is ?

The 32-bit machine was just for a comparison, the plan is to run xen on that
debian-amd64 machine.

Btw: I did both tests on debian-etch aka 'testing', using the package
'xen-linux-system-2.6.17-2-xen-686'.

thank you VERY much!

---
Rune Elvemo