Re: [Xen-users] Shared Memory Size in DomU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Shared Memory Size in DomU
From: "james he" <jianjunhe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 13:57:00 +0800
Cc: meisel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 21:57:21 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Patrick,

This problem is related to SGA size. Set proper SGA size may solve this problem.
Can you provide the following information so that I can debug on my machine?
1. Linux Distribution Version
2. Kernel Version
3. Xen Version
Thanks.

Best Regard,

James He

Oracle OARDC

Hello List,

i have been trying for quite some time now to get Oracle 9i to work in a
virtual machine and so far have failed every time. I did manage to
install it by now but whenever i try to create a database or start the
server Oracle complains about an "*ORA-27123:*unable to attach to shared
memory segment" error.
I do know this error from other oracle installs under debian that i have
done and what usually does the trick is
/echo 2147483648 > ///proc/sys/kernel///shmmax/
/echo 100 32000 100 100 > ///proc/sys/kernel///sem/

/Unfortunately this does not help in a DomU. The Error remains the same.
To find the error I also tried it in the Dom0 and here it works./
/So i guess it must be something either in the kernel (i have a seperate
domU kernel) or it wont work because of xen itself./

/Has someone been able to install oracle 9i in a virtual machine or has
ideas that i could try out to get this working?/
/Any hints would be greatly appreciated!/

/Thanks,/

/Patrick/