Re: [Xen-users] Debian Etch dom0

To: Steffen Heil <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Debian Etch dom0
From: "Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 20:27:52 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 11:28:22 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Steffen,

Steffen Heil schrieb:

Hi

I set up my etch systems with debootstrap as well.
I found I needed to do
 cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV hda
maybe you need to MAKEDEV sda?
That did the trick. I used MAKEDEV generic to be sure that nothing else interrupts me on the last few meters.

Do you have any idea why MAKEDEV is needed with Etch but is not with Sarge?

Thanks for your help.

Dirk

Regards,
 Steffen