Re: [Xen-users] No cdrom in windows 2003 HVM guest

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] No cdrom in windows 2003 HVM guest
From: Jaroslaw Zdrzalek <jz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:22:30 +0100
Cc: "Adam Crews -X \(acrews - Xerox at Cisco\)" <acrews@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 02:30:30 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Montag 06 November 2006 18:18 schrieb Adam Crews -X (acrews - Xerox at
Cisco):
> Hello,
>
> I have a win2003 HVM guest running, however I cannot see a CDROM device
> from the windows machine.
>
> I have 'cdrom=/path_to_my_iso' in the config file, and this worked fine
> for the initial OS install. Now there is no CD device that shows in the
> windows device manager.
>
> So, how do I get a CD device to show in win2003?
>
> I'm using xen 3.0.3 compiles from source.

I wonder it worked.
Since 3.0.3 or so there is a new syntax for the cdrom device, like this:
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sda,ioemu:hda,w', 'phy:/dev/scd0,hdb:cdrom,r' ]

With this settings I have access to the CDROM from windows.

> Thanks
> -Adam

cheers
Jaroslaw