[Xen-users] No hvm support? AMD Athlon 64, AM2

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] No hvm support? AMD Athlon 64, AM2
From: Andreas Fromm <afromm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 15:13:27 +0100 (MET)
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 06:14:02 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
first of all hi to everybody. I have been reading this list a while and
searched the archive, but couldn't get a answer to my problem, so here
it is.

I' have bought myself a new Computer which I wanted to be able to run
hvm domains under xen. So I took a AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (Orleans) CPU
with AM2 socket and a Asus M2NPV-MX mainboard (nvidia nforce c51
chipset). I installed debian amd64 unstable with the stock xen kernel
and related packages. The CPU reports the svm capability, but xm dmesg
doesn't show anything about svm.
Does that mean that my mainboard doesn't support hvm-domains under xen,
or is there a chance to get it to run?

Does anybody have such a mainboard or have some experience with it? Im
also stuck trying to get the cpu throttle its frequency, but I think I
should ask about that somewhere else.

Hope that someone can help me, best regards,

Andreas