RE: [Xen-users] Dell 2900 with Xen

To: "Lucas Santos" <lucas.santos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tiago Cruz" <tiagocruz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Dell 2900 with Xen
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:30:51 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:42:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > IHMO, x64 is a little bit of unstable, but works with a lot
> of manual
> > works.
>
> Hum, could you define unstable?
> I really will be glad to use 64 bits on that machine.

I would also like to see such a definition.

Also, if your machine has > 16GB of RAM, you need to use 64-bit mode to
access the range above 16GB - or your RAM will just act as an extra heat
generator in the machine.

I run 64-bit Xen and 32-bit guests on my machine at the moment - but of
course, it depends on exactly what you're doing, I'm sure...

--
Mats