Re: [Xen-users] Q: CPU usage in Dom0

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 05:29:30PM -0300, Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> > In 3.0.3 and unstable, you can use vcpu-pin on dom0 as well.
> > Also in 3.0.3 and unstable, you can use the Xen boot argument
> > "dom0_vcpus_pin" to pin VCPU N or dom0 on physical CPU N.
>
> Interesting... but I'm not sure if I have understood the difference
> between the vcpu-pin use for the dom0 and dom0_vcpu_pin boot argument.
> do they produce the same result but dom0_vcpus_pin is a Grub argument?

When using dom0_vcpus_pin at boot time, your dom0 VCPUs are
created and start running on their assigned CPUs right away.
They never run elsewhere.

Also, once dom0_vcpus_pin has been specified, the dom0 VCPUs
are "glued" in place: You can no longer use vcpu-pin to change
their affinity mask or move them around.

Cheers,
Emmanuel.