[Xen-users] Inconsistent number of CPUs information under Xen.

Hi,

I'm running some testing on Xen 3.0.3. The platform I used has four cores (two dual-core Intel Xeon CPUs). I try to assign just one VCPU to Xen domain-0. After doing the command "xm vcpu-set Domain-0 1", now the "xm list" command shows only 1 VPCU is indeed assigned to domain-0. The command "cat /proc/cpuinfo" also shows there is just one CPU in the system. However, when I cat the information from /proc/stat, I still find four CPUs are listed there.

Could someone explain the reason for this inconsistent information?

Thanks,

Liang