Re: [Xen-users] Xen scripting

Hello,

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Tim Post wrote:

Easiest to just make a start script for dom-u's that results in xm start
(cfgfile) being called after the laundry list of things needing to
happen to start the guest have been satisfied.

Herbert Zu's port of dash is a great shell to use for scripting on
dom-0, nice and lightweight :

http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/dash/ (85k stripped) opposed to 630k
for bash and over a meg for perl.

I further modified mine to take out things like printf, mail checks and
other stuff not really used to make it a bit smaller, and have been
adding some goodies in the builtins :)

I suggest making scripts named start, stop, pause, unpause, reboot,
usually those are the commands where you find you need to do extra
things such as check on network storage or bring up a bridge / nic in a
special way.

A start script doesn't run when a domU reboot. I need to do things with the vif ($vif is exported) and also the name (I canät find $name exported anywhere) of the domU.

Thanks anyway.