[Xen-users] Realtek RTL8111B

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Realtek RTL8111B
From: "Dirk Pol" <dirkpol@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:56:21 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:50:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I am bussy building a xen cluster.
When selecting mainboards for this cluster i came only up with core 2 duo
mainboards with onboard gigabit ethernet cards with the realtek RTL8111B
chipset.

I have tested a mainboard and could not find a way to compile the driver
sourcecode from the realtek site because of a missing
/lib/modules/2.6.16-xen/Build directory.

Can anyone help me out? I am not helped with advice to select a pci ethercard
because i need the riserboard slot for a additional gigabitcard for i-scsi
storage. and because of expensive rackspace i can put a little effort in making
it fit in a 1HE 19" rackmount.

Maybe you can also suggest a mainboard wich is compatible with xen and fits in
a 1HE rackmount.

Kind Regards,

Dirk Pol