RE: [Xen-users] Tracking DomU memory

To: "Security Initiative Team" <passrete@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Tracking DomU memory
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 12:31:29 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 03:33:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What do you ACTUALLY want to do?

log-dirty doesn't log to a file - it keeps track of "dirty" pages in a list in memory, but doesn't actually store it in a file [ever, at all].

do_mmu_update is possibly a good place to hook into, but it depends on what you want to do... [And it's non-trivial code, so beware of complications from changing it].

You may want to look at ptwr_emulated_update, as that's used when the do_mmu_update() hypercall isn't used to update a page-table-entry.

--
Mats