[Xen-users] nfs support in xen kernel

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] nfs support in xen kernel
From: "Andrew McConnell" <armcconnell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 14:44:14 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 11:44:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I've recently built a Xen host using RPMs for FC4.  It appears nfs is
not compiled in to the Xen kernel distributed in the RPMs.

How might I go about compiling nfs client support in to the kernel so
nfs mounts can be used by my DomU's?  I'd prefer to compile this
support as a kernel module.

[root@dom0 ~]# lsmod | grep nfs
[root@dom0 ~]# modprobe nfs

On the DomU's

[root@dom1 ~]# mount nfshost:/var/space /opt/space
mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfs'

A link to a howto is sufficient, though I haven't found anything on my
own that appears to answer the question directly.  Lots of "how to
compile the Xen kernel" stuff doesn't touch on nfs.

Help appreciated.

-Andrew