Re: [Xen-users] Specify domain ID?

On 4 Oct 2006, at 16:25, Henning Sprang wrote:

Using VNC for HVM Domains? Isn't that shaky anyway, and better solved
by running a vnc server on the machine you want login to itself? Then
you could just use the hostname.

Using VNC for these domains can be a little ropy, but it's the only way I know to perform a Windows XP installation or to troubleshoot bootup issues with Windows. And with Xen and Windows being a little shaky to get going in the first place, it would be nice to have a way of fixing a VNC port for a specific VM.

Also, because the first id is 1, this can be a problem if you use VNC on Dom0 for some other purpose. This could also be fixed by being able to specify a VNC port for a guest.

--
Wayne Pascoe    (gpg --keyserver www.co.uk.pgp.net --recv-keys 79A7C870)
There are no stupid questions, only stupid