[Xen-users] Issues w/ Oprofile and Xen-3.0.2 (xen-unstable)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Issues w/ Oprofile and Xen-3.0.2 (xen-unstable)
From: "Bhatia, Nikhil" <bhatia@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:13:10 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:14:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Xen Users,

I have successfully been able to get the xen-3.0-unstable working and it does have the oprfile directory that you mentioned. I have also downloaded the latest version (0.9.2) of oprofile and have patched it using the latest patch provided by HP (oprofile-0.9.1-xen-r3.patch) to my oprofile layer. However, when I try to run “opcontrol”, I get the following error message:

opcontrol --init

FATAL: Module oprofile not found.

FATAL: Module oprofile not found.

Kernel doesn't support oprofile

I think I am not configuring the oprofile as required. Can someone please let me know of the flags that I need to set while configuring the oprofile installation? I am using the following configuration.

./configure --with-kernel-support --with-linux=/root/bhatia/project/xen/xen-unstable/dist/ > config.out

I suspect that I am providing the wrong pathname for (--with-linux). I would greatly appreciate if you could clarify this to me.

Thanks,

Nikhil