[Xen-users] Xen 3.0.2, Linux and quotas

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.2, Linux and quotas
From: Pēteris Krišjānis <peteris.krisjanis@xxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:33:31 +0300
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 05:34:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone!

These are my first steps in Xen, so maybe for someone this question
would sound tired, but here we go...

I have Ubuntu Dapper Server with Xen enabled kernel, used as on host, as
on vm. I have quota support compiled in and I have two .img files
configured as hda1 (ext3) and hda2 (swap). I want hda1 to support
quotas, so I can limit user storage space in this virtual machine.

/etc/fstab looks just like this:
proc            /proc       proc    defaults    0 0
/dev/hda1       /           ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro,usrquota
0 1
/dev/hda2       none        swap    sw          0 0

So far, so good. I reboot and try to edit quota for user 'pecisk' -
which is my user - but I get such error:

root@mamuts:~# edquota -u pecisk
edquota: Can't stat() mounted device /dev/hda1: No such file or
directory
No filesystems with quota detected.

So then I took tour to /dev in virtual machine and yep, there is
no /dev/hda nor /dev/hda1 devices. How to create them in virtual
machines and if such thing - Xen and Linux with quotas - will ever work?

Already thanks for any tips, directions and info,
Peter.