Re: [Xen-users] Booting past GRUB (RHEL4)

On 4 Sep 2006, at 15:53, Ivan Porro wrote:

Yoav Felberbaum wrote:

On 4 Sep 2006, at 12:56, Ivan Porro wrote:

Wrong answer... Sorry, ignore it.

I can only see in my configuration that I've absolute path for kernel and module files. I don't know if this can help solve your problem.

regards

title Xen (2.6.16-src-xen0)
       root (hd0,0)
       kernel /boot/xen-3.gz vcpus=1 com1=115200,8n1 dom0_mem=131072
module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen root=LABEL=/1 ro maxcpus=1 console=tty1 console=ttyS0,115200n8
       module /boot/initrd-2.6-xen.img

No joy - I get Error 15: File not found...

Any other suggestions? :(

Y.

This error is returned if the specified file name cannot be found, but everything else (like the disk/partition info) is OK.

Probably your original configuration was ok in term of file path but not in term of driver content. I mean, probably, because your kernel or initrd is missing a basic driver you need in dom0 (i.e. try an "lspci" while your system is booted with redhat and verify that there is support for these devices in your xen kernel. It sound strange if you used the default kernel that should have a huge number of driver in it, but maybe you are using a particularly modern or strange hardware, like a disk controller?)

Well, I'm running with a 3ware RAID controller but from what I understand, this SHOULD only be an issue at a later stage of booting... How do I find out which drivers comes compiled into Xen? Have had no joy in finding a full list :(

rerun mkinitrd may help too (mkinitrd <location of file> <kernel version> (I'm sure it is on the manual in Install from source section)

No  joy either. Same thing happens. For what it's worth....
---
mkinitrd initrd-2.6-xen_new.img 2.6.16-xen3_86.1_rhel4.1
---

TIA!

Y.