Re: [Xen-users] Xen oopses when starting a guest domain

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen oopses when starting a guest domain
From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:07:34 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 05:08:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
I have a Xen 3.0.2 server that was running without any problems.

Today, I began to stop all domains manually, and rebooted the server:

# xm shutdown one
# xm shutdown two
# xm shutdown three
# reboot

After reboot, when I start any domain, I see oopses, and I've no idea why that happens,and how to fix it (the domain start, but I can't connect to it):

I found out where the problem was.

I use bonding, and to make it work with Xen properly, I have to start Xen with such a network-bridge script:

#!/bin/sh -x

dir=$(dirname "$0")

"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=bond0 bridge=xenbr0

ifenslave pbond0 eth0 eth1

When netdev=bond0 is changed to netdev=pbond0, Xen oopses, and kernel panics.

I doubt it should do so.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org