[Xen-users] can't get multiple VLANs to work

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] can't get multiple VLANs to work
From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:05:55 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:07:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm trying to set up Xen 3.0.2 to serve multiple guest domains, each using a unique VLAN.

I start xend with a simple script that executes network-bridge for several domains with different VLANs:

dir=$(dirname "$0")

"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0.140 bridge=xenbr140

"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=eth0.160 bridge=xenbr160

However, it doesn't seem to work - only one guest has network connectivity.

When I run tcpdump on dom0, I see that some packets are getting through from domU which has problems with network access, but that's about it.

How should I start multiple guest domains to use different VLANs? I searched the mailing list, and found some references to "vif-vlan" scripts etc., but didn't find anything that would solve my problem.

Is there anyone out there using Xen with a couple of domains, which use different VLANs? I would be thankful for any suggestions on where the problem might be (and no, it's not checksumming).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org