RE: [Xen-users] How to see (XEN) messages?

To: "Derek" <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] How to see (XEN) messages?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:50:14 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:51:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In that particular scenario, you can use the "noreboot" option, and you
could also slow down the output by setting up a serial output to
"com1=300,n81 console=com1,vga sync_console"
 (even if you don't have a serial port on your machine, it will still
output to serial port, because your chipset _WILL_ have a serial port on
it - at least I'm not aware of any serial-port-free chipsets - you just
can't connect to it). Since the output goes to both serial and console,
it comes out pretty slowly on the serial port. That at least works for
the Xen part of things.

And if you set Linux console to "console=/dev/ttyS0,/dev/console" (or
the corresponding) retaining the serial port at 300 bps, it should come
out slowly from Linux too...

--
Mats