Re: [Xen-users] Security Violation?

To: Steve Kemp <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Security Violation?
From: Frederic Stumpf <stumpf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:16:02 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, paulk <paulk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 02:17:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:55:23AM +0000, paulk wrote:

I have a dom0 fedora core 5 and domU fedora core 5 running fine, however I've
noticed something strange.

If I ssh -X  into the virtual machine and run firefox it seems to work fine,
until I download a file. The downloaded file is saved in dom0 and not within
the virtual machine. How is this possible?

I've double checked that I am ssh'ing into the correctmachine.

Has anybody else had the same problem?

  Probably what is happening is that you have Firefox running in dom0
 already - so when you run the *new* firefox in domU it doesn't actually
 start a new process and export the display, instead it connects to
 your already-running instance and just creates a new window.

I don't think that this is the issue, since there is a strong isolation between the processes running inside the VM and Dom0.

It is a curiose problem I never encountered.

Frederic